IN THIS ISSUE:
- May Is National Foster Care Month
- The Red Scarf Program: Consider Donating Your Handiwork to Send Warmth and Encouragement to a Foster Student
- Summer Camp Planning
- Foster Parenting Toolbox: A Book for Foster Parents and Who Work with Foster Parents
- New Handbook For Youth Aging Out or Becoming Independent
- Federal Adoption Tax Credit
Books related to the topic of Older Child Adoption . Book Review of "Parenting Your Adopted Older Child: How to Overcome the Unique Challenges and Raise a Happy and Healthy Child", "Older Child Adoption", and "Adopting the Older Child."
Ask the Experts
Tara Rizzolo, Director of Scholarship Programs, Foster And Adoptive Family Services (FAFS), offers advice to a parent who adopted her daughter from the foster care system. The teen is now a junior in high school interested in attending college and the parent was wondering about available scholarships.