IN THIS ISSUE:
- May Is National Foster Care Month
- Resources for Youth Aged Out of Foster Care
- Haiti: One Year Later: A Devastating Earthquake Claimed The Lives of 230,000 People And Impacted More Than 750,000 Children.
- NACAC Partners with H&R Block: NACAC Has Partnered With H&R Block to Help Adoptive Parents Determine Whether They Are Eligible to receive Additional Benefits.
- Benefits of Reading Aloud
- Summer Camps and More
Books Related to the Topic of Open Adoption. Book Review of "Children of Open Adoption", "The Open Adoption Experience: A Complete Guide for Adoptive and Birth Families - from Making the Decision through the Child's Growing Years", "How to Open an Adoption: A Guide for Parents and Birth Parents of Minors", and "Everything In Its Own Time: A Mother's Memoir About Adopting Five Children, and the Ones That Got Away."
Ask the Experts
Leslie Barda, Director of Scholarship Programs, Foster and Adoptive Families Services (FAFS), offers advice to a family that moved out of NJ and is currently receiving adoption subsidy. The mother asked about financial assistance for higher education for the children she adopted, especially through Foster and Adoptive Family Services and/or Federal Government programs.