IN THIS ISSUE:
- November is National Adoption Awareness Month
- NJ ARCH Celebrates One Year Anniversary
- New Jersey Angels in Adoption Awards
- A Home for the Holidays: TV Broadcast featuring Older Child Adoption
- In the Spotlight: Chosen Children s Charities, Inc.
Books related to Gay and Lesbian Adoption. For Adult, Fatherhood for Gay Men , The Velveteen Father , Gay Dads , Beyond Acceptance , The Lesbian Parenting Book , Lesbian and Gay Fostering and Adoption , Gay Parents/Straight Schools , Issues In Gay and Lesbian Adoption , and The Kid are recommended. For children, How My Family Came to Be Daddy, Papa and Me was reviewed.
Ask the Experts
Barbara Rall, LCSW, Assistant Director, NJ ARCH, offers advice to a family who adopted two children; one child's birthmother continues to communicate with her child while the other child's birthmother has not communicated in almost two years. The children are asking questions about the differences and Ms. Rall offers advice as to how to deal with the situation.