IN THIS ISSUE:
- Celebrate National Adoption Awareness Month
- National Adoption Day
- New Jersey Angels in Adoption Awards
- In the Spotlight: Rainbow Families of New Jersey
- A Home for the Holidays: TV Broadcast featuring Older Child Adoption
- NJ ARCH Celebrates Third Year Anniversary
Books related to the topic of Birthparents. Book Review of "The Girls Who Went Away: The Hidden History of Women Who Surrendered Children for Adoption in the Decades Before Roe v. Wade."
Ask the Experts
Barbara A. Rall, LCSW, Assistant Director, NJ ARCH, offers advice to parents who adopted a child from Russia at seven months old. The child was now four years old and showing signs of grasping the English language but not letters. The child was severely malnourished for the first two years of life and then placed in an orphanage for the next two years until he was adopted. The family was wondering if his history could have anything to do with his learning delay. Ms. Rall offers recommendations to this family.