Breastfeeding, Bottles and Beyond: Infant Feeding Options for Adoptive Parents September 26, 2019
Registration fee: $18
Adoptive parent and lactation consultant Alyssa Schnell helps parents and prospective parents navigate the world of infant feeding. Adoptive parents are not limited to formula and bottles. And if neither formula nor breastfeeding quite fit, let us help you find other options.
Topics will include:
• Nutrition Options – including parent’s own milk, donor milk, and infant formula.
• The basics on inducing lactation – induction, transitioning, latching for breast/chestfeeding.
• Supporting & Supplementing with the use of nursing supplementers, finger feeding, and bottle feeding
• Comfort Nursing & Milk Sharing – Details, resources and how to access support for this choice.
• Guidance for each option – Parental health, infant health and development, time factors, financial resources, support required for each option.